Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rave Product: Albolene Makeup Remover


I am loving this product, now before you Mineral Oil haters yell at me I read this on Wikepedia that states the following:

"Mineral oil is a common ingredient in baby lotions, cold creams, ointments and cosmetics. It is a lightweight inexpensive oil that is odorless and tasteless. It can be used on eyelashes to prevent brittleness and breaking and, in cold cream, is also used to remove creme make-up and temporary tattoos. One of the common concerns regarding the use of mineral oil is its presence on several lists of comedogenic substances. These lists of comedogenic substances were developed many years ago and are frequently quoted in the dermatological literature.
A study reported in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology (2005) found that the type of highly refined and purified mineral oil found in cosmetic and skincare products is noncomedogenic (does not clog pores).[7] "


So after reading that, I gave it a whirl and I am loving it. I use this to remove all my eye makeup and occasionally my face makeup. Its ridiculously cheap at $10-12 bucks at your local drugstore and you need the smallest amount to remove any makeup. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all, leaves my eyelashes nicely conditioned and leaves my skin soft. Now this is just a personal preference but I like to wash my face with a regular cleanser if I use it to remove face makeup, but it isn't necessary.  

Check out this review from ginabinawina99 on youtube on Albolene for more info!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment